Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Much Needed Vacation!

We went to California for a MUCH NEEDED VACATION...we were gone for 10 or 11 days--so there are a million pictures! We had such a wonderful time! We stayed with our great friends Mitch & Lindsay for a couple of days...it was so much fun to spend time with them! It felt like we were in college again! We went to the beach...Chris & Mitch took Brielle & Micah surfing--they all looked so cute in their wetsuits! I am not a huge fan of sand...it just bugs me how it gets stuck all over you...I realize how lame I sound but it is the truth...it makes my skin crawl to see Brielle buried in the sand like this...you should have seen her after--sand was stuck EVERYWHERE and she could have cared less.

The problem with 1 year olds and the beach...the first thing he did was try to eat the sand...then he started rubbing his eyes...with his sand covered hands! Ouch! Not a great picture of everyone...considering Linds is behind the pole...but it was the best I one I took!
We had a big dinner one night with all our college friends (they all live in Orange County)...it is CRAZY that we all have 2 kids! From L to R -- Garrick & Chelsea's boys, Mitch & Lindsay's little girl & boy, Brielle & Dean, Matt & Marie's little girl & boy and Jason & Holli's boys. We all had our 1st kid at about the same time...Brielle was the first one born, and the only girl! During our 'Party' Brielle came up to me and said--Mommy, why are there no girls my size?
Much of our trip was spent at Disneyland. We stayed at the Disneyland hotel--we did not even need to go into the parks for Brielle to get EXTREMELY EXCITED! She LOVES everything Disney! When we pulled up to the hotel; there was a HUGE Micky Mouse statue...she started screaming 'MICKY, MICKY! Look there is a HUGE Mickey!' Imagine how she reacted when she saw the Mickey & friends wallpaper in the bathroom!
Dean did NOT like the 'Character Dining'...we went to 'Goofy's Kitchen' and 'Breakfast with Minnie'...lots & lots of Disney Characters come around to your table and talk to you/take photos...Brielle LOVES it, Dean started to cry right after I took this picture because Minnie got too close!Churro's are a BIG Gledhill family Disneyland tradition...my dad (who never buys treats) buys at least 1 for each person and then a couple extras just in case...we love them! This is Dean's FAVORITE part of Disneyland! Aunt Nat bought us this churro and he thought he had died and gone to heaven! He was walking off on his own, dancing...he thought he was all grown up!After a couple days he started to warm up a little to the characters. This was right outside our hotel and he was feeling pretty confident because he had his Churro...(this was as close as he got)!

I was so proud of Brielle...she was so brave! She went on the Matterhorn, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, 'wild west train mountain' (I can't think of the name right now) etc. She was not scared of anything! Aunt Nat & Uncle Tyler came to Disneyland with us the first day...we had so much fun, that....Bobpa & Nana could not stand being back at home in Utah -- missing out on all the fun--so they hopped in the car and drove to California for a couple days! We had such a great time with my whole family at Disneyland...as you can see from this picture...what kind of weirdo's did Nat and I marry? Tyler and Chris are totally posing for the camera! I'm glad my parents drove down...it was really fun to spend the day all together...having a great time! I'll always have wonderful memories of this day! Dean loved his first trip to 'Never never land' (aka. Disneyland)!
We were so tired after our first day at Disneyland that we we took a break between days 1 & 2 and spent that day at the Pool -- this was the best idea ever! Chris rode his bike from San Clemente to San Diego (about 70 miles) twice -- yes, we had to drag the bike all the way down there! He even made Mitch go with him once - poor Mitch does not 'ride' bikes like Chris (he 'rides' waves), and he is diabetic! They spent the rest of the night on the couch! We had a party with all our old friends and went out to dinner (without kids) with all of them too! We were lucky to have such great friends when we were in college & living in California! I got to hang out lots and lots with my Nat Snat -- I miss you sissy! We relaxed!
The trip was great, we had so much fun! However, it is always so nice to come back home and get settled back in to normal life!

10 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow Tiff! Those wonderful pics of Disneyland remind me of magical moments thx to you and your mom and dad! And thx to Chris I was even able to go on so many "manèges", can't find the right word in English now... I love seeing all these photos, Brielle is growing so nicely and Dean too! I loved having this huge breakfast with all the characters coming to our table. What fun it is to have places like that, it's fun for everyone. I remember Linds and Micah very well. Lots of love from Aix.

Amanda said...

Wow, it sounds like a wonderful time. Such nice pictures! How fun!

Natalie said...

Loved it, it was so fun to see you. Miss you & love you tons!

By the way...Mickey is spelled M-I-C-K-E-Y!

Tiff Rueckert said...

That's funny Nat....that is exactly what Chris said! That is what hapens when you write too late at night.

Freeman Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Great pictures!

Linda said...

so you guys were all on that ride, what'd you do with dean? I'm picturing him wandering the park eating churros, meeting you all back at the hotel.

what a fun trip!!

The Thomas Family said...

I'm sure you guys are going to do this vacation every year- three times a year- for the next 15 years! Looks great! Linda has a good point, where was baby Dean?

Tiff Rueckert said...

FYI Baby Dean was with my mom!

However, Linda's version of where he was is better!

Inger said...

Gosh, Tiff, thank you for clarifying where little Dean was. We were all SO worried. FYI I see two wonderful family pictures that would do weel for a Christmas Card!!

Inger said...

I would be smart if I would proofread every time I write something. I meant WELL.