He loves the fridge and 'rushes' to get in every time it is opened. I keep these grapes at his level because it keeps him from pulling out all the other stuff. One day I decided to take a picture of him inside the fridge grabbing his grapes but while I went to put the camera away he decided to make things a little more interesting...
Friday, January 16, 2009
My Guy!
My little guy is such a pill when it comes to eating! He NEVER ate baby food or cereal--he would not part his lips--so I gave up and figured eventually he would be in to eating...he is a Rueckert boy after all! Brielle has always been a champion eater...she ate at least a full jar of baby food at every meal, ate nasty 'gerber graduates' meals and now when I ask her what she wants to eat she says "what do you want me to have mommy?" Dean on the other hand has not really gotten any better! He still purses his lips when I try to give him a spoonful of something, hands food back to me that he does not want (which is an improvement from when he just threw it on the floor) and shakes his head 'no' constantly! Half of the time he does not even put new foods to his mouth to taste it, he just gives it back or drops it off his tray! The kid eats chicken nuggets (NOT baked or grilled chicken...drop, drop), pasta, pizza, edamame and fruit (especially berries & melons)! And he often refuses this stuff too...it is ridiculous! Oh yeah, I left off pretzels and cookies/sweets...and SALTY LICORICE!
He loves the fridge and 'rushes' to get in every time it is opened. I keep these grapes at his level because it keeps him from pulling out all the other stuff. One day I decided to take a picture of him inside the fridge grabbing his grapes but while I went to put the camera away he decided to make things a little more interesting...
He took the bowl over to the table and climbed up on a chair to enjoy his grapes....I thought it was cute that he wanted to sit at the table and enjoy them, so I let him. A couple of minutes later I noticed he and the grapes had disappeared...
I found them in the playroom...
It reminds me of Goldilocks "this chair is just right"!
At this point he realized I was taking pictures and decided to pose (I can already hear my sister saying "he is SO your child").
A week or two later...I made Brielle a sandwich before preschool, she ate a few bites and then got distracted. Dean had been watching her and trying to climb up on the chair with her, when she left he decided to help himself!
The amazing thing is that this is the first sandwich he has ever eaten! I had to take a picture because it was such a major event...I am not joking...the kid won't eat anything! But he wanted to be just like his sissy!
I love this little guy and I love that he loves to say 'ma ma, ma ma' all day long unless Chris or my dad are around and then I'm chopped liver!
He loves the fridge and 'rushes' to get in every time it is opened. I keep these grapes at his level because it keeps him from pulling out all the other stuff. One day I decided to take a picture of him inside the fridge grabbing his grapes but while I went to put the camera away he decided to make things a little more interesting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That boy is so stinkin cute...I seriously love seeing these pictures.
Oh...and because you know you want me to say it-He is SO your child!
He's adorable! I love that he just does his own thing - though it may be frustrating sometimes!
Dean is really so funny to see! He makes me laugh so much! What is "edamame" Tiff? It's the second time I see you write this word and I don't know what it is at all... Dean has in Brielle a very good "teacher" I'm sure and he will try to do many things she does, it's lucky she is so serious!
Wish I could sympathize but we have the exact opposite problem with Oliver. HE wants to eat ALL DAY LONG. For lunch he ate a bowl of macaroni and cheese, then a half of his brother's grilled cheese sandwich, after he still screamed for more I gave him a whole banana. When I took him down from the high chair he still went around and begged Dave for some of his sandwich.
seriously kid!
and this is every meal and all day long. He is an eating machine!
Oh, that is so funny. He is seriously so good looking though!
At least he eats some healthy stuff and I guess you found your new trick to see if he'll try more food- Brielle!!
Thanks for sharing these pictures and comments. We enjoyed "seeing" you. It looked like you had a beautiful Christmas. You can never underestimate the power of the example of an older sibling nor the importance of parental "delight" in their children manifested by approval and acceptance even when we are challenged by their personalities. Keep up the great work you are doing! We surely love you!! Dean and Inger
I love it- he is so cute. I have never been blessed with a good eater, or sleeper for that matter! One of these days I'm going to get it right!
Dean is so cute! Josh doesn't eat much either. It's a wonder they grow!! But, I think I speak for both of us when I say, they are not lacking in energy!!!
this is so cute! I love your film strip of the events as they play out. What a quirky kid!
Post a Comment