Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas with Nana and Bopa!


She wanted this dress and jewelry case from the movie 'Enchanted'...we went to see this movie over the holidays and she loved it! In fact, we all loved it (including Chris).
Brielle calls this her 'married dress', it is so funny! Lately she has been pretending to be a mom with kids a lot and she talks about her husband all the time! One day I asked her who her husband was and she said "Oh, his name is Mickey" So, there you have it...apparently Brielle is married to Mickey Mouse!


I am not really sure what happened but I did not take any pictures at our house on Christmas morning! We took lots of video but not a single picture! I'll have Brielle pose with some of her presents tomorrow...however she may have gotten more presents at my parents house then she did at home. My dad is absolutely smitten with this little girl! He plays with her for hours...she especially loves it when he is Donald Duck (because he talks like him and everything) and he even watches TV with her (her choice of the channel). Sometimes he will stop by our house because he has not had enough "brielle time" and he'll quickly say 'hi' to me and Chris...then spend the rest of the time having a Tea party or something...then he says goodbye to us and leaves...obviously he is not coming over to see us. Anyway, I think you get the idea...he loves her! What does this have to do with Christmas? Well, my mom had already done all her Christmas shopping and she'd bought Brielle a bunch of things....then 5 or 6 days before Christmas I got a call from my dad and he told me that he wanted to take Brielle to the Disney store at the mall (which had just opened a week or two earlier...Brielle had been VERY EAGERLY anticipating the opening, she must have asked me a million times if it was open yet), he wanted to get an idea of what to get her for Christmas. I thought he was nuts...he wanted to take a 3 year old (that already has him wrapped around her finger) to the mall (where seven million other people were doing their last minute shopping) to a store where she wants EVERYTHING! She had a wonderful time on their shopping trip and when I picked her up she kept telling me that she needed to go back to the "mickey store" to get some clothes for Bopa...I don't think so! My mom went with him to the "mickey store" to supervise (ie. make sure he did not buy everything), but in the end she was spoiled and Bopa bought lots of her 'wishes'...she was truly a princess....good think she is so cute and sweet, it would not be nearly as much fun to spiol her if she was bratty!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

A Dysney store in the mall? Wow I bet Brielle will spend hours there as often as I would! Dysney items are so cute! I laughed really loud when I read she would marry Mickey.

Danielle said...

Tiff, I asked somewhere else to add a pic of the rocking horse but here I can see it well, it's so beautiful! I have never seen such a nice rocking toy! Don't know if the word is correct but you see what I mean. Bisous to all! In French we call it un cheval à bascule. When I was very young I got a rocking swan from Santa. Still remember it!