Thursday, April 10, 2008

More projects...

Yet ANOTHER project!
Six months have passed since Chris' last projects (upstairs--laying marble tile in the bathrooms, repainting (2 bedrooms, hall, family room, entry and kitchen) and new carpet and baseboards)...which means that it is time for another project (FYI--it has been 1 year since he finished our basement...a small 1500 sq. ft. project...he's nuts!).
Background Info: We used to have our dining room on the other side of the wall of cabinets in the picture below, but ever since we 'traded' piano's with my parents (our upright for their grand)...the dining room table lost its spot. We did not like the table their anyway because it was on carpet, and I LOVE having my piano...growing up, it was the 'friend' I spent the most time with. :) Anyway, we moved our office downstairs when we finished the basement and moved the table into the office...which was connected to kitchen and leads to the garage. It was the most awkward L shaped room...you could not even sit at the table because it was too tight.
Now, Chris has opened up the doorway and connected the kitchen to the room and moved the laundry room along the back wall (instead of the laundry/1/2 bath combo room...we'll have a BIG laundry room with lots of storage space). I'm still trying to figure out why the people who built the house did not put the bathroom/laundry room along the back wall...why create a weird L shaped room? I don't get it? I'm SO SO SO excited for this project to be done (not just because it has been going on for more than a month now and my ENTIRE house has been covered in dusty stuff (no matter how many times I dust...he does something else and there is a new layer) but because it makes our kitchen/dining area huge! Maybe I'll even start cooking dinner!
NOTE: You might be thinking..."Wow, Chris must not have to work very much if he has time to do all these projects"...but that is not the case ...we opened up a new store (The Italian Place) in Lindon last summer and we're opening another store in the next few weeks in Spanish Fork...and he does a lot of the construction himself (framing, painting, baseboards, doors etc...) He is just a crazy person that cannot sit still and do nothing! Yesterday he painted all day in Spanish Fork, then came home and painted until 1am in the dining room! He is amazing! He got this work ethic from his father (who catches the train at 5 or 6am to DC, then takes the subway, bus and walks to get to work everyday...all in all it is at least a 2 hour commute each way...and has been the Stake President for almost a decade! Amazing!). I might complain a little about the dust and all the mess but, I am so lucky to have such a busy body for a husband! I'll post more when he finishes!

Chris thought it would be fun to ask Brielle to help him put on the primer yesterday, she was thrilled to get to paint! After 20 minutes, Chris was asking her if she was done yet...because he was having to follow her around and paint over everything she did before it dried funky! She kept telling him 'No daddy, we have lots more painting to do!" Her favorite part was 'dipping her brush in the paint' which included ALOT of swirling of the brush!

8 comments:

Inger said...

We sure enjoyed our time while visiting you the week after Easter! It looks like the house project is coming along great. The children are actual cutie pies for sure, and we loved playing with them and holding them and hugging them. The food was delicious and you guys are great! Thank you for a wonderful time!

Natalie said...

Looks like it's going to be fabulous. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Thomas Family said...

OH jeez, I miss you guys. I love all the projects and knew Chris would do it soon. It will look so nice. I laughed that you said you may even start cooking dinner!! :)

That is such a wonderful trait to have in a husband: someone who doesn't just sit!! I guess I know Chris can be extreme but then you just wait til it's all over and he will sit!

Amanda said...

Thats awesome! That picture of chris and brielle is priceless. I think it's amazing that he has enough patience to paint with her! :)

Likely said...

Wow- the six month itch again huh? I can't believe how that house of yours has transformed. You should post before and afters if you have them. It is wonderful that Chris is leaning to do all of these things. It is great that he is a busy-body.

Linda said...

i think i should come visit soon. since i lost that bet and all.

Inger said...

Is there a way how I can get a real picture of that last one Chris and Brielle posing as they paint? I had a plan to do something if I had a picture of that?