Brielle is the one squating...hmmm...They were supposed to start on their knees, but nobody else is doing it, the next thing she did was stand up...then everyone else knelt and she was still standing...lots of confusion! Do you like the lady helping them get to their "mark," it does not look like this little girl wants to be right there!
Brielle and Chris...when I went in the room to pick up Brielle, the first thing she said to me was "Mommy, I don't have any flowers!" Luckily, we had some out in the hall for her! Where did she learn so quickly that she should get flowers after a recital?
Brielle and "Miss Bethany" (her Ballet teacher)Tonight was Brielle's first ever recital! She has been practicing this performance for weeks, in front of ANYONE who will watch! On Monday, she went to the bank with Chris -- stood in the center of the bank, knelt down, waited until most of the eyes in the bank were on her (she knows all the tellers b/c we go to the bank twice a day for work), keep in mind Chris was waiting in a long line -- so there were lots of people -- then she started singing "Ding dong, ding dong...Have a Holly Jolly Christmas..." She did the whole dance -- everyone clapped (which she loved), so then she decided to do the Pledge of Allegiance! Who is this little girl? I was a performer too, but my parents said (after hearing about this bank experience) that this is a lot more "outgoing" then I was! She is such a crack-up! Did I mention that last week she was at Nordstrom with my parents, and had a similar "performance"?
Anyway, back to the recital...we arrived at 6:25 (the recital started at 7pm)...there was already a long line of people waiting to get in! They held the recital at a Middle School and the auditorium was NOT large enough, because by the time we got in...there were no more seats! I ran over to the other side and found 4 seats on the LAST row! It was unbelievable..people were standing all along the side and back walls of the auditorium! Chris was having serious anxiety because there were so many people with out seats! The first half of the recital was the "company" (performing groups or serious dancers), luckily more than half of the people left at intermission because the "company" was done and the "Beginners" were all that were left. The recital was hilarious...most of the kids were awestruck at being on stage, and spent the whole time waving! Brielle did a great job, but I must admit it was pretty comical! The theme was "Polar Express," which is why they are wearing these little elf looking costumes.
5 comments:
ingerrueckertI laughed out loud as a read about Brielle's performance at the bank. How adorable! She sounds like she will like to be on stage! Yes, I feel the same way in crowds, annoying when there are no seats. It sounds like you handled it very well. I love the pictures and the HUGE smiles! Love Inger
Vive Brielle la star ! Unbelievable Brielle! How cute and "professional" (wanting flowers at the end of the performance, this is so funny!)! You should add a little video of her dancing on your blog next time. Bisous
thats halarious !
I know that when we were talking to chris on sunday, Brielle started to sing that song and we were charmed. Then she busted out the pledge. and we were amazed!
Thats one talented little girl! =)
So sad I missed it. She looks so old in those pictures. Can't wait to see the video tape. I'm not surpised at all by her star quality...pull out the family videos from when we were kids, you know the Young Miss America one-she got it ALL from you. Post some Santa Lucia pictures.
the flowers at the end are the best part! :)
she is sooo funny.
Post a Comment