Monday, July 28, 2008

Flying by July...

I can't believe the summer is almost over! I cannot believe how fast time flies now...I must be getting really old! Here are a few of the 'goings on' at our house...

Aunt Amanda came to visit us! Brielle LOVED following her around for the couple of days she stayed with us (before and after she went to EFY)...we just wished she could have stayed longer...4 days was not enough...next time we want a week! Can you tell these two girls are related or what?!
Dean loves to cuddle! I'm always surprised when people say there kids don't like to cuddle, because mine love it! Dean wakes up at 6:30 or 7...I'm lazy, so I bring him into our room and put him in our bed to drink his bottle. Sometimes I'm still awake and I'll burp him and then we'll cuddle and snooze for another hour or so...other times I'm fast asleep when he finishes his bottle and he cuddles up to Chris. I woke up one morning to find them asleep like this, I love how Deans little arm is around Chris' neck! What a crack up!
Nat Snat & Ty came to visit for 3 days...don't get me started about how short of a visit it was...next time they need to stay for at least a week too! We miss you & Happy belated B.day Tyler!
Dean took his first bike ride in the trailer! He was not sure about the whole thing...luckily he had his big sissy there to take care of him. On the way home, I looked over at them and Brielle had her arm around Dean and he was leaning his head on her shoulder while he sucked his Binky!
We learned about the Pioneers...sometimes it is complicated to explain to an almost 4 year old that her ancestors (what's an ancestor?) walked all the way from Grandma Inger's house (so to speak) to Utah...(why didn't they drive? why did they want to come here? I want to go to Grandma Inger's house! Why did those people not want them to live by them? Why did they bury the dead people and leave them?) but at least we had a pioneer hat for her to wear while we sang pioneer songs! Dean was doing his own thing...as you can see!


3 comments:

Inger said...

Oh my goodness, it sounds like you are having a busy summer. What wonderful pictures. I love the one with Amanda. I also LOVE the one with Dean's arm around Chris' neck. I also enjoy seeing Dean's little "rocket", and Brielle's Pioneer hat. Yes, I had been a member of the Church for at least 20 years when I started to realize some powerful things I can learn from the Pioneers. Amazing history.... I often think of 'Faith in Every Footstep" They had it, I need to have it also. Wonderful posts!

butter&eggs said...

miss you all so much! I can't believe how fast they are growing up! Next time you "sneak" down to Las Vegas...call us! love you

Linda said...

oh i wish i could've been there for the pioneer talk. you're kids are so great!! I loved that picture of chris and dean!