Thursday, July 3, 2008

Up, Up & Away!!!

The 4th of July is one of my very favorite holidays! I love the parade, the colors, the patriotic feeling & American pride and of course the "Arts Festival" in Downtown Provo. We braved the crowds & heat tonight and met up with Brielle's favorite buddies! Are those the cutest kids you've ever seen? It makes me smile to see these 3 together because they are the son & nephew of my 2 best childhood buddies (and the closest thing I've ever had to brothers). This little ride went up and down...about 20 feet off the ground...they all loved it! Brielle loves carnivals and she LOVES these boys...she says they are her 'bestest friends'!
Luckily they all had nice strong stomachs and we did not have a repeat of an unfortunate event that happened to these kids parents...me in particular 20+ years ago! We went to this same park for the 4th of July carnival and I convinced my two buddies to go on some crazy twisty turny ride...then I made the mistake of sitting in between them on the ride home...let's just say neither one of them had very strong stomachs and I had to get sprayed down with the hose when we got home! Ohh...memories!

1 comment:

Inger said...

How fun! What adorable children! Brielle looks like she loves it! That is funny, Tiff, that you were so sick when you were little. Good thing Brielle could handle it. I just discovered this post this morning. I wonder how I missed it before. The pictures are precious. They really capture the excitement of the day. I am so glad you had a nice 4th!